Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 2018

So I am patting myself on the back as I managed to post a lot since January.  Well, a lot compared to not posting for a year and a half so I guess you could consider it intense posting. haha 
February usually mean we are smack in the middle of Maple Season which is one of my favorite parts of this time of year.  It smell and tastes so delicious out in the sap house it can almost make you forget about all the mud you are sinking in while collecting sap. 


February is also "Love" month.  So our 4-H club had a Love Bug meeting.  Members made Stained Glass Bugs and Chocolate bug shaped candies.



This month is also prime ticket sales time for our 4-H club's Basket Party so its a bit of a crazy time of year for us.  Which basically leads us right into March as it ends with helping the local American Legion with their annual Corned Beef dinner just days shy of  St. Patrick's Day.
Since we have a large Iris presence on both the Hubby and My sides of the family I try to do a little extra for St. Patty's Day.  One thing is I really like to do is decorate for it.  I usually just stick to indoor decorations as the weather stinks this time of year for putting anything outside.  Its usually cold or wet and definitely muddy but I really wanted a wreath on the door this year so with my typical last minute decision, limited supplies and no wreath frame I whipped up a quick pool noodle wreath using a noodle we had from last summer.  Although skeptical at the frame at first so far its holding shape well and I'm really quite happy with how it turned out.


It really has seemed like we have just run non stop this month and its not over yet.  It is also time for the Schools Drama production, which both of the girls are in so we have been making regular trips town for practice.  We have added to the non stop traveling back and forth this month by making extra trips around town trying to visit all of our local attractions.  Not exactly the best season for sight seeing but we have Traveling Tracy visiting us from Texas and we want to show her a good time.  We are showing her around all the fun places like the Covered Bridge, the Pepacton Reservoir and showing her how to make Maple Syrup and feed chickens. Hope she is enjoying her visit as we have to send her back next week.  Don't worry I'll be sure to share all her fun with everyone after she leaves.


Hopefully I will be able to keep up the great posting streak for everyone as I have tons I still want to share with everyone but for now I have to go collect sap to make more Maple Syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment