Sunday, June 24, 2012

MAKING 4th OF JULY DECORATIONS.

MAKING 4th OF JULY DECORATIONS.

Every year at my sisters there is a huge celebration for the 4th of July with food, carnival games, horseshoe tournament and even fireworks.  It is a great time and I usually help her with what I can to get everything ready for the party.  I know from previous years the decorations are starting to dwindle or get shabby looking.  She called me one day and asked where I found all my DIY projects so she could try to make some new decorations with out it costing a fortune.  Myself I just search the Internet till I find what I'm looking for and then try to recreate it with what I have.  But I did tell her to check out Pintrest.  She did and found a few that she liked so I decided to save her a few dollars and make the decorations myself as a birthday present to her since her birthday is the day before her party.  Lets hope she likes them.

Fire crackers!!  Made from scrap wood.
7 firecrackers made from scrap wood, piece of old clothesline, and scrap wood

The scrap lumber was cut into random lengths and painted with Red and Blue paint that I already had from other projects

I arranged them in to different patterns and painted words on them
To add the wick to the top I drilled a hole and hot glued the clothesline in the hole
1 of the 7 different fire crackers I made for almost nothing.
                                                                       

My Pennant Garland.  It was really simple and took less them a half hour.
Here is a small section of the finished garland.

I started with 5 red white and blue colors and cut them into triangles.  The size of the triangle is determined by how big a pennant you want.  Mine were only 6inch.
I took some blue material and cut it into strips about 2inches wide to use as the string.
I folded the string and sewed it.  I also sewed the triangles on at the same time.
The end result is over 100 feet of pennant garland.  You could also sew the triangles next to each other but I chose to separate them so I would end up with a longer garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment