Saturday, January 13, 2018

Welcome Back Winter


And that ends our January Thaw, welcome back winter.  It was a nice streak of warm days and definitely a welcome break from all negative temperatures but now its back to reality.
When we went to bed on Thursday night it was still warming up outside and any snow was pretty much slush just melting away.  By the time the kids were off to the bus the next morning all snow was gone and we had rain.  For rain in January you know it had to be above freezing still and it sure was.  It was actually warmer then I think any of us were expecting too.   Don't quote me but I believe we had a high temperature in the low 60's (sorry I wasn't keeping too good of track) yesterday.

But all good things must come to an end and winter made its return while we slept.  Well maybe I was not sleeping but the rest of the house was.  I woke to the sound of ice pellets hitting the window about 3am and unfortunately I was awake for the day.  By 4am the ground was covered in a layer of ice pellets and I was just hoping that we would switch over to snow so the ice would not continue to build up and thankfully we did around 5am and well you get the idea for 6am. 

On the bright side the next "Thaw" we have will mean its Maple Season!!!  That in itself is great news but following that is warmer weather yet, spring blooms, and then gardening season.  I'm so ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment