Friday, February 23, 2018

St. Patrick's Day Wreath

No wreath for St Patrick's day?  No problem, you can make this one up Easy Peasy with just a few simple items.  And if you are a craft hoarder like me you probably have them on hand already.  Of course if your a craft hoarder like me finding your supplies was just part of the fun of all craft projects.


This simple wreath was made using a pool noodle, some felt, and ribbon and a little tape and glue.
Connect the ends of your pool noodle using some duct tape (I used gorilla glue tape) to form a circle and presto you have a wreath frame.  Next wrap strips of felt around your new wreath frame.  I used felt from previous projects so its a bit darker then I would have probably chosen if I was purchasing some but since it's for St. Patrick's Day the greens worked well and made the ribbon (yes I already had this stashed in the St. Pat. decorations) pop out nicely.
I have to admit I was a bit unsure of the pool noodle being able to hold weight as a wreath frame so I did try to keep the decorations to a minimum on the wreath.  So far its holding up well for the little I did put on it so I'm sure it would be able to hold more if I wanted to add them. 
My decorations are just little pieces of scrap felt and let the kids cut me out some shamrock shapes.  I loved how they turned out and add special touches to the wreath.
Seems like we always have pool noodles around so I definitely think it was a great quick hack for a wreath frame.   I will be giving this method a try for other wreaths  Maybe I'll do a Pool themed wreath for Summer?  I mean it is a pool noodle after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment