Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Since it was nice rainy day here and I couldn't be outside doing any of the good stuff that needs doing like gardening, yard work or making new flowerbeds. I decided to try making my own Mayo.  We have our own chickens so finding a use for the eggs has been one of my favorite things to do.

The recipe I used for my mayo is:
2 Egg Whites
1 Table Spoon of Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon of yellow mustard
3/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Mix all the ingredients but the oil in the blender on low.
Slowly with a small steady stream add the oil to the mixture, still mixing with the lowest setting. 
Adding the oil can result in slight spattering. 
Enjoy!!!
*you can use 1 whole egg in place of the the 2 egg whites but it makes the mayo a yellower color*

No comments:

Post a Comment