Sunday, August 7, 2016

June the last weeks in a nut shell



And the school year is over already as is the entire month of June is almost over already (at the time this blog was started).  I know this pages started out being a "week" in review but the name has since been changed and hopefully just by being a "review" page I can update it more. lol

These last few weeks started off with Father's Day, the kids made the Hubby a ton of gifts and cards, we bought him a few small gifts  and showered him with love.  No we did not spend the day totally devoted to the Hubby, not that we didn't want to but because like every other Sunday the Hubby got up and went to work.  Stinks that he had to work on such a special day but he works every Sunday and he is used to it so we try to spend extra time together on Saturday to make up for it.   When the Hubby got home we went to my Dad's for a BBQ with the family.   And of course since Grandma's pool is bigger and deeper then ours the kids spent the evening swimming, we had to about drag them from the pool to go home they were having so much fun with their cousin.
It might not have been a day of relaxing or gifts of ugly neck ties but I think the Hubby and my dad both had a great Father's Day full of love from their family.


Monday was the last day of school for the year, the kids didn't like the fact that they had to get up early on a Monday for what was only going to be a half day of school but we dragged them to the bus stop one last time for the year.  Today was not really an actual "school day" as thier Awards and Music Assembly started at 9am and they could go home once it was over.  We enjoyed their singing I'm sure more then they enjoyed preforming it and we were blessed enough to have two of them get the Academic Excellence Award for their class.  I can't deny the fact the I felt a little prouder then all the moms there with 2 of my kids in line on the stage for the "smart kid" award.
The last day of school is great for the kids but the fun really started after the assembly when they got out of school.  Not just because they didnt' have to go back again but because we were taking them for what has become our traditional "family fun day".  This fun day tradition started out with an ice cream cone and a trip to the river when the Oldest Daughter graduated Pre-K and has grown more every year.  This year we went to the Ross Park Zoo and then the Discovery Center.  Check out my Last Day Of School post to see all the fun we had.


Tuesday was another get up and go early day.  No the kids were not impressed at all not to be sleeping in on the first day of Summer Vactaion.  Even though I did let them sleep in a little later then a normal school day it was not as late as they wanted I'm sure.  That's because we were heading Strawberrry Picking with Grandma and she was going to be here by 9am so everything (kids ready, housework done, animals fed, garden watered and more) had to be done so we could leave when she got here or we would be roasting in the sun in the hottest part of the day.  With all the sun from the zoo and all the outdoor play the day before I was already looking a bit surnburned and I wasn't really liking the idea of adding to it.  Thankfully the sun wasn't to bad on us and we were able to get our berries and be home in time for a late lunch.  It was a nice light lunch too as I'm sure we ate berries enough to make up the difference.  We came home with ove 8quarts of berries and are down to about 2quarts left.  Tomorrow I will take what ever is left and freeze them for later use as the kids have slowed down eating them and I sure as heck am not going to let them go bad.


Wednesday was a relax day and enjoy summer vacation for the kids kind of day finally.  I did all the regular and mowed the lawn but that was about it.  The kids enjoyed sleeping in, playing and relaxing in the pool, just like summer vacation should be.  Then the Big Guy realized he was way outnumbered with the boy to girl ratio and was "Bored"....UGH, not already, vacation just started...
...What do boys like the do, the girls were having fun with each other doing girly things and giggling but he needed to do fun things too and what they girls were doing was not "fun" as he put it.....Ah Ha!  A saw I remember summers with my bothers just cutting and chopping trees all the time and making forts like we were making our own towns so I'm sure the Big Guy would love it too.  I dug out an old hand saw, gave him a quick lesson in using it of which he informed me he already knew and let him cut all the trees he wanted.  He was loving it!  He sawed and sawed the rest of the day, he was having so much fun that the girls decided they wanted to join it....He had not intention of allowing them into his "manlyness" of the fort he was working on but finally gave in and let them help when they offered to do all the "clean up" work.  Although they were only adding branches to an old leanto that I built for them a few years ago they were having a great time and thats what summer vacation should be like, kids having fun......


.....Which leads us right to Thursday (the Hubby's day off) and more "fort building".  This fort however is a bit more then a few leaned up branches on an old rotting leanto.  Think the Hubby was quite enjoying the Big Guy wanting a fort as all other plans for the day were put on hold and a "Real" fort was constructed.  The Big Guy couldn't be happier, he has an above ground, in the trees fort with a ladder, hiding areas and it even comes with a working catapult and target area for his BB Gun paracticing.....Thats pretty much where he spent his time the last few days and I'm sure most of the summer will be spent there too.


Friday was a "Girls Day" and also grocery shopping day, note to self do not take girls when grocery shopping as you forget lots of stuff.  We did have a great time though and I really enjoy their craziness and questions they normally don't ask when everyone else is around.  I'm sure while we were gone the boys probably played, I mean worked on the fort and had to go get animal feed so they had a good time together too.....Maybe we should make it a Friday tradition of Girls and Guys day.
Friday was also graduation night at the school, the kids went to Aunt Bobbies to play while the Hubby and I went to support the great achievement by one of our very good freind's son.  Gongrats Gannon and may the future only hold great thing for you!  We didn't take the kids as it would have been way too boring for a 7yr old to sit though till almost 10pm and I'm sure they enjoyed cathing fireflies and being able to run and playing outside much more than they would have just sitting in bleachers for over an hour.


Saturday already, wow where did the week go?  Time to work on fixing (or starting to fix) the camper floor in the bathroom.....this is not going to be a quick fix but definitely needed doing, I'm not even sure what was holding the floor in there, maybe the toilet or the walls?  Its going to take bit of work is all I know and to think I'm planning a trip in the very near futre???  We will see?
We didn't have much time to work on the camper as my little brother is cutting hay this time of year so we were off to help for the day, well not me and the kids but the Hubby helped.  The kids don't know the first thing about hay other then the goats eat it and although the Big Guy wanted to stay in the field when we got there I'm still a little nervous letting him do that kind of stuff.  I know they need to grow up some day but I'm keeping them kids as long as possible.  Plue the kids all have allergies out of control so hay is probably the last thing I think they should do right now.  As for me I'm still injured (sholder is bad still...ugh!) so lugging on bales of hay is not happening till it gets a bit better....But we all had fun, the Hubby actually likes helping do the hay as it reminds him of his youth and we had fun at Grandma's playing in the pool, enjoying the company and just relaxing.

The last week of June is sort of a blur now as I type its already August.....I know I'm bad but I do remember that we were busy every day so far this summer so I'm sure this week was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment