Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Napkins for Easter Dinner


With a guest list of 20 or maybe more we really have no idea who is coming and who is not, Easter dinner is going to be packed at our house and we wouldn't want it any other way.  That also means we will need a ton of napkins too so why not sew enough for everyone then make them part of  the Easter Decorations for that day.





So that was not the intention I had when I started out yesterday.  My intention was a making a new bright and cherry table cloth to welcome in the first day of Spring.  Lets face it the foot plus of snow on the ground and  the 2 degrees we had for a temp was just not a good welcome to spring if you ask me.  While I couldn't fix the conditions outside I did want to spring it up inside.   I dug though the material stash I have until I found the perfect print of flowers, yellow, green blue and of course red as that is a must for my kitchen decor.   Then I set to sewing and then the table cloth was done in no time.  With the extra material I had I also whipped up 8 new napkins to go with it as we prefer cloth napkins in our house.  Its a long expensive story from over 5 years ago but you can read about why the Bull family made the change from paper to cloth napkins at Chicken Napkins Save Money.




Really it took no time at all as its just sewing straight lines and I was done before I even had to head out to work.  While I may have finished the napkins and tablecloth I didn't have time to clean up all the mess before work so all the other material choices I had out and the sewing machine were sitting right where I left them when I got home yesterday.  I really didn't feel like putting it all away at that point so I just decided with so many guests coming to Easter dinner why not make up enough napkins for everyone on the guest list.  It would be worth it in the long run as we wouldn't have to purchase paper napkins for Easter and we wouldn't have to wait till I had the time to make up more next time we need new ones.  I have to be in the mood to sew to actually get out the machine and sew so sometimes we go a while using rattly, torn up, thing napkins.

Unfortunately I did not have enough of each material to make all 20+ napkins match each other but the Oldest Daughter came up with a solution for that and even help them go a little better with our plates that they definitely didn't match too....Bunny Napkins for everyone!   Even if the napkins are all different colors we can still make them match by making a colorful bunny napkin for every setting.  She really had a great idea here and I'm pretty sure it will work out great given all the different colors of plastic eggs.  Making these guys is pretty simple too.  You can get step by step directions at Bunny Napkins or you can just roll 2 corners of the napkin to the center of the napkin and fold around an egg.  Tie it off with a bow and be done.  Plus it really does make a fun addition to the Easter decor at the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment