Monday, March 19, 2018

Easter Decorating

Doesn't it seem like we were just decorating for St. Patrick's Day?  Well, that is pretty much because we were.  Easter is earlier this year and that means we had to get all the green and gold down and all the pretty pastels and bright cheeriness of spring up in one afternoon.  It made for a busy day but its okay as we all enjoy decorating here.  Why the hurry?  Well I host the family Easter Dinner each year.  It started out as just my side of the family and has grown to include my sisters in-laws and now some of the Hubby's family comes too and with limited time this year decorating had to happen fast so we could do all the other things to fit us all in here that day.

DIY Egg, wreath alternative for the Bull family this year.
Our decorating workload was cut in half this year though thanks to some nasty little mice that some how got into the Easter decorations.  Anything that was foam filled or cloth was chewed and if they didn't chew it they used it as a toilet.  While it was nice to not have to put up as much is stunk that some of our favorites were ruined too.  It also left us needing a new wreath for the main entrance door.  I had though about making a pool noodle wreath like I did for St. Patrick's Day but then decided I wanted something different.  A quick search in the basement found me a piece of scrap plywood and that is how we ended up with an egg on our door.  I used every last bit of that piece of plywood as you will notice the top, bottom and part of the one side are a bit flat on the egg as those were the edges of the board but it turned out perfect for what we needed.  I love that it's personalized too.  Even better was the Hubby who usually don't notice small changes in decorations like a pastel wreath and not a green one could not miss the bright cheery egg when he got home.  BTW he like it too.

Vintage dish and chick making for a cute little Easter Fairy Garden.
Inside decorations were pretty basic given half of them were ruined but the table centerpiece got a taste of our recent Simply Succulent class thanks to the Oldest Daughter.  She even added a few of her fairy garden pieces to spruce it up.  Now we just need to get some Easter grass to add and it will be an Easter Fairy Garden.  Love the vintage glass dish and vintage s&p shaker chick she used too.

Driveway Display 2018
This year's big driveway display was not what I was thinking it would be when I planned it out last year.  I planted a nice row of daffodils and some pieces of Forsythia Bush and was going to put the garden bench behind it and make this adorable spring display.....See all that snow, yea it didn't happen.  What did happen is I went through the snow,  I used the Styrofoam eggs and peep the kids made about 4yrs ago and the same bows and garland I usually use on the fence that is out there and made this display.  While cute its still not what I wanted to do, sinking 3 snowstorms in 3 weeks nonsense.  Oh well, maybe next year.

Vintage Blowmond Eater Bunny
And the last bit of decorating we managed to get done that day was hooking up my blowmold bunny.  I will admit that I just love these vintage decoration whether for Easter or any holiday and I have quite a few of them but that's another days blog. I don't know how old this one is and I think it was part of a set back in its prime days but to me its one of my favorite Easter decorations.  I love this guy, the kids on the other hand think its creepy which I can see too but still the nostalgia of it makes it so hard not to love.  I do think he needs to be in a big ole basket but for now he is just going to have to sit there showing off his nightly glow on the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment